Monday, October 14, 2013

Five Months of Lincoln

I can't believe we are already at 5 months! Lincoln continues to be such a happy, happy boy. He smiles as soon as you walk into the room. He only fusses when he is hungry or tired.
He weighs around 16 pounds and is 26.5 inches long. He is still wearing size 3 diapers and 3-6 month clothes. 
We have made some huge gains in sleeping this last month. Lincoln is now eating vegetables once a day at dinner time. He has tried peas, carrots, and prunes. 
The solids have caused a bit of constipation which is where the prunes (and apple juice) have come into play. He stills drinks 6-7 ounces every 3 hours.
Sleep has been better this month. For the most part, Lincoln goes down between 8-8:30 in his crib and sleeps until somewhere between 4 and 5:30 in the morning. Every now and then we have to go in and put his pacifier back in early morning. 
Lincoln is getting stronger and loves to try and sit up. He loves to grab anything he can get his hand on and then put it in his mouth. I am pretty sure he is working on cutting a few teeth. He is content playing on his play mat or jumping in the jumparoo.
Lincoln,
You are such a blessing to our lives. Your smiles melts my heart and makes nothing else matter. I find myself talking about you all the time and missing you throughout the day. I can't wait to get home to play with you and your brother. Speaking of your brother, you think he is so funny. You laugh and laugh at him. I cherish the time I get to rock and hold you as I know it won't last forever. I pray that you know how wide, how high, how deep Christ's and our love is for you.
I love you forever and ever,
Mommy
1 week and 5 months

No comments: