Saturday, November 27, 2010

Break Time Fun

I am thankful to do what I love most each day! But, I am also so grateful for the time off because it allows me to spend extra time with Jackson and I don't feel like I am missing as much with him. I did have a goal to get further ahead with my lesson plans but we have been having so much fun that it just didn't happen!

Emily and Huntley came over to hang out with us. Jackson showed off for Huntley and Emily and I got to catch up on life together. I miss teaching with her and talking every day!

Jackson and I made a few trips to Target-some necessary and some not so much! Each time we pull in the Target parking lot Jackson says "animals, animals". So I tell him if he sits nice in Target we can go see the animals. He nods and says "ok" each time. I love it! He found the mouse from If You Take a Mouse to the Movies:)

We raked millions and millions of pine needles so our lawn would look nice for the Christmas lights Brian was going to put up. However. after all of our hard work our lawn still looks covered in them. That is the downside to living in our neighborhood.

We also spent many nights walking around our block. I can't believe it but Jackson almost makes it the whole way around-running! Since the first few nights of break were nice and warm, we enjoyed sitting outside and eating popscicles.

Brian was the one to get up early on Black Friday to try and win the $500 gift card at Sports Authority. He didn't win, but he got 40 free dollars to spend there. Once we all got up around 7:30 we headed out to a few stores and picked up some Christmas presents. I love when I can I throw up my hair and wear sweats all day. I did do this plenty this weekend and it was glorious! I think I like it so much because it means I have no set in stone agenda.

Before putting up all the Christmas decorations, we did some deep cleaning and threw out a bunch of things. Always makes me feel better! Again Jackson helped!
Now that the weather has turned a little cooler, we wait until the afternoon to take a walk. I love being flexible and doing what ever I want to do it when I want to. Jackson has a great set up for walks. He has his milk, water, crackers, pine cone, and toys!
And I think I am going to pretend that tomorrow is not Sunday!

1 comment:

Wendy Suddendorf said...

WOW! You had a great time.