Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Came Early

Since we will be going back to WI for Christmas, we decided to have a our own Christmas with Jackson here before we went home. Last night he got to open up some pajamas to wear on his "Christmas Eve." I love this tradition my mom started with my sister and I. I especially love that she stills does it!
Of course we went with Thomas pajamas. He kept pointing to the Thomas on the left and saying Big Thomas. He couldn't look cuter in those jammies! Can you believe they are 3T and the shirt is almost too short?
We told him in the morning he could open a few presents from us. So, this morning he woke up saying "Ana Claus, Ana Claus". He learned quickly and we haven't even really talked about the him. Each night we read a little Bible story and the Christmas story to him. He was way more into opening his presents this year compared to last year. As soon as he opened up his vest he had to wear his "jacket".
He loved pulling gifts out of his stocking, but I think his favorite was the M&M's,
Or was it his new bottle?
It was a fun morning loving on our little guy! Little does he know he gets to have Christmas 2 more times!
After we all cleaned up we headed out to the mall. I needed some makeup and I wanted to show Jackson the "big tree". He thought the tree was pretty cool from the third floor but when we got down to ground level we lost him to the ice skaters.
He couldn't get enough of watching them skate around. We ended up sitting and watching them for quite some time.

We decided just to eat our lunch where we were. I also enjoyed a vanilla latte courtesy of one of my students:)

What a great first day of my Christmas vacation!

No comments: