Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Memorizing Scripture V2:14

This go around I didn't have a verse ready that I wanted to memorize. I went over to Beth Moore's post. Her verse and word about the verse is exactly what I was wanting. My prayer lately has been to make God known in ALL I do and live a life bigger than myself. I don't want to just "talk" about him, but I want all the areas of my life to be about Him.
 
"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power." 1 Corinthians 4:20 NIV
 
Beth writes, "God is using it to remind me that this thing isn’t about incessant chatter and nonstop Twitter noise and learning to speak fluent Christianese. It’s not tantamount to Bible banter and doctrinal debates and holy hair-splitting. It’s not about getting together at church and threatening week after week to live changed lives and think renewed thoughts. It’s not about getting all lathered up and sweaty-headed at events over theories of effective, influential, and abundant lives. This Christ thing to which we’ve been called is about actually doing it and through an unction not remotely our own.

When the Holy Spirit comes, He comes with power.

Where the Holy Spirit goes, He goes with power.

Whom the Holy Spirit infiltrates, He infuses with power.

Our lives were meant to be powerful. Less talk. More demonstration. Through things like a love that we know good and well is utterly beyond us and a faith that emerges in tact from a minefield soaked in blood and strewn with flesh. We were meant to be able to do what we can’t, like who we don’t, bless who we’d curse. We were promised strength in weakness and extravagant grace in our deprivation."
 
I LOVE all of that! Actually her whole post. Go here and read the rest!
I want to live a POWERFUL life.
 

No comments: