Thursday, December 31, 2020

Wrapping up 2020

The last week of the year was more eventful than we had planned.
I just can’t stop thinking how thankful I am.❤️ This date night was even more special, even if I had to drive and be his chauffeur! 🤣

I treated Brian to a pedicure. What will he do when I go back to school?
Appointments all day downtown, killing time shopping in between

The night after our appointments Brian went into AFib and I had to call 911. He was in AFib all night but his body went into normal sinus rhythm this morning. They were going to transfer him downtown last night but there were no beds available. His doctor from downtown sent another one to check on him. The doctor felt good sending him home because AFib is common after a big heart surgery. Prayers it doesn’t happen again.
❤️
Jackson was still awake when we called 911. After the ambulance left he asked me if I wanted him to lay with me. He got his Bible and began reading me story after story of God’s power, miracles, and faithfulness. Then, he turned worship music on for us to fall asleep to. I am weary, but I’m so thankful that my 11 year is learning and even reminding me who we turn to and put our trust in even during scary and uncertain times.

“The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” Proverbs 18:10



New Year's Eve celebration at home!
Jackson planned Minute to Win it games for us. He put them inside the balloon for Lincoln to pop each hour.
My favorite guys!


Lots of laughts
                                                                             Fireworks!

Cheers to 2021!


2020 was a hard year, but there was also so much good intertwined!
The top 3 things that stand out to me are:
1. God’s mercies are new each day and His promises are true. He is all we need!
2. The love and prayers of family and friends for our family were overwhelming in the best way and brought me to tears many times. Thank YOU!
3. Camping and time together- our family isn’t perfect but nothing is better than being together.
Praying that your 2021 is filled with the light, love, hope, and peace of Jesus.

Happy New Year!

 

No comments: