Monday, November 9, 2009

Getting Over Myself

Lately I have been beating myself up over not keeping the house clean enough, making dinner every night, putting laundry away, etc. I have wasted a bunch of my time wishing I was able to stay home with Jackson. But, you know what I am over it now.
I have decided to bask in the glory of God and claim his promises on my life. He tells us to "rejoice and be glad because great is your reward in heaven." (Matthew 5:12) I have nothing to "pout" about. God has given me a great life here and an even better one to look forward to. He has poured out blessing abundantly on my life and I don't want to miss any of them or not enjoy them to the fullest because I am wishing for something else.
* * *
Jackson Oliver- you bring a smile to face and melt my heart when I see you and especially when you smile or gigfle at me.
I don't want to miss any time with you because I am worried about "the dishes" they will still be there tomorrow.
Thank you for teaching me to be self-less and love more!

Brian- Thank you for trying to teach me to enjoy ALL of life and not be so hard on myself. Thank you for spoiling me and making me feel loved to the core. Thank you for praying with me and for me. You make my heart oh-so happy!


Lord, Thank you for using my family to minister to me. My prayer is the same as David's in Psalm 51, please "create in me a pure and clean heart, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."

1 comment:

Grandma Sharon said...

Welcome to Motherhood!!!--It is sooooooooooooo easy to feel like you can never do "enough", there is noooooooooo end to the work, and you never feel "all caught up!" I'm thankful you realize that only God can help you. You are doing an awesome job with Jackson and that's what really matters. I can't wait to come in January and help out. I'm not worth much these days but I can clean and do dishes!!! I help Traci out all the time but unfortunately I can't help you and April as much so I have to try and make up for it all at one time. Take care and stay encouraged! LOL