Friday, October 1, 2010

In with the New

I am typing this post from my brand new laptop that Brian surprised me with!
My old laptop has been on the kaputiz (sp?) for some time now. However, just this last week my laptop would not turn on. I freaked out as I did not have everything backed up. Oh about 40 minutes later it mysteriously powered up! I quickly saved every picture and lesson plan to our external hard drive. The last week I have been waiting anywhere from 40 minutes to a hour and half for my laptop to turn on. Last weekend we went and looked around for computers. I am very cheap and didn't see anything I liked that fit my "budget". Brian kept trying to talk me in to just buying a one, but my dad in me said "it still works you don't need a new one!"

Brian knew I wasn't going to cave so he took it upon himself to buy me one that fit all of his standards. He justified it to me saying "you need it for work, you don't want to lose your lesson plans you spent so long on." So, now I have a much nicer and probably more expensive laptop than if I would just have picked one out last weekend. It is a nice change to type with a keyboard that is not missing buttons!

Brian's birthday is in 23 days and it seems to me I better come up with something grand for him. I guess I should start thinking and planning NOW!

I LOVE my boys (and my new laptop, thanks Brian)!!

No comments: