Saturday, November 20, 2010

I'm Glad I Did

The last couple of days Jackson's nose has been running more and he developed a nasty cough. When I picked him up yesterday afternoon, I just had this feeling I should call the doctor's office and see if they were open this Saturday. I scheduled an appointment and all night I doubted myself and was sure the doctor would just laugh at me for bringing him in. But, I kept the appointment due to the fact that this week is Thanksgiving so if he got worse I wouldn't be able to take him to our doctor.

Jackson and I headed to the doctor this morning and left daddy at home to clean up the house:) It felt like summer time when it was Jackson and mommy going to a well check. Then I had flashbacks and l longed for Thanksgiving break even more. Thank goodness it is only 2 school days away!

I couldn't have asked for better behavior from Jackson at the doctor's office. He was sooo good! He read his books to me and took many pictures of the chair, walls, ceiling, and himself! He cracks me up so much. I am pretty sure I spend most of my days laughing at the silly things he says and does.
The doctor even complimented him on how well he was behaving! Jackson ended up having the very beginning of an ear infection in his left ear. She said it was a good thing I brought him in now or we most likely would had a sicker boy over Thanksgiving break. Um, no thank you!

I am so glad I trusted my gut and scheduled an appointment. I guess sometimes moms do know best!

1 comment:

Grandma Sharon said...

Mothers always know best!!!