Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Surprised!

It was no surprise that Jackson wanted to read books before bed, he usually does.

It was no surprise that Jackson picked David Goes to School as the first book to read, he usually does.
It was no surprise that Jackson knew the character's name and told me what he saw on each page.

It was no surprise that Jackson wanted to hold the book and turn the pages by himself.

It was no surprise that Jackson said he wanted to read it to me, but I was SURPRISED when he started reading the actual words on the page in the order they were on the page. He even knew which pages had David at the beginning or the end of the sentence or not at all! He read 7 of the pages. Now yes he has probably just memorized the words I have read to him many times, but this is reading at his age! (I am going to try to get this on video!)

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I am so excited that my boy loves books and that he read his first book to me!

1 comment:

Wendy Suddendorf said...

You are right! No surprise at all!