Once we decided we were going to WI for Thanksgiving, I knew I still wanted to have a day at home with Jackson. There is something extra special about the time we spend together just the two of us. I didn't set my alarm and let Jackson wake me up! I think we were up and going by 8:30 Monday morning. Jackson ate breakfast and entertained himself (like his headband?) while I worked out.
We raked up pine needles and then got ready for the day. I had baked some cookies the day before and put them in mason jars with a note of Thanksgiving. Well, as we were packing my laptop bag took out the cookies. I was so bummed! But, Jackson and I still delivered them to Miss Sandy and Emily just in a different form.
We had a picnic lunch by the Christmas tree with the engines, played with all sorts of toys, and completed a Thanksgiving craft. I am so thankful for a job that allows me to have time off. I don't take for granted the time I have with Jackson.
He had wanted to fly on the big airplane all day! He had a few meltdowns about going on the plane now and the fact I said there would be no snow in WI while we were home. Jackson told me "Papa Gary and Garrison were putting the snow out right now!"
We did not have to check any bags. Can you believe I packed all my clothes in one carry on suit case? I really only need 4 outfits so I limited myself to 2 extra shirts and 2 extra shoes!
Our flight left at 7:40pm and we got into chilly Milwaukee at 10pm. Jackson didn't sleep at all on the plane but was a great flier!
Mel and Sharon picked us up, and we spent the night at their house. We all crashed as soon as we got there. The flight may only be 2 1/2 hours but traveling wears me out.
**All pictures courtesy of my iPhone.**

No comments:
Post a Comment