This weekend was low key and I loved every minute of it!
Saturday morning Jackson and I had a breakfast date at where else but McDonald's. He was so excited to eat a Sausage Biscuit like Daddy. After we ate, Jackson played for a long time!
I love these times that I get to take him somewhere just the two of us. I know he likes going with me know, I just pray he will still want to go with me when he is older. I wonder what kinds of things he will want me to do!?! Whatever it is, it will be special because it will just be him and me!
When we got home Jackson helped me clean the house. If he can do the real thing he loves to help!
Saturday afternoon we enjoyed some time outside, played in the house, and watched some football.
Sunday after Church was football/ playing in forts with Jackson. We watched the Texans and the Packers play horrible and lose. I still can't believe how terrible the Packers played and that their season is over. The playoffs are so much more fun when a team I like is playing!
And, today I am enjoying the Martin Luther King holiday. Each year when I teach about MLK, I can't believe this was in the 1950/1960's. I am embarrassed to be a white person while teaching what happened to the African Americans. I try to instill in my students that even though we all go to school together now, there is still such a strong need for LOVE!
| Cute MLK faces my students made |
Jackson and I enjoyed some cuddle time, breakfast, and playtime at the park together this morning. I loved not being rushed by time. Perfect start to any day!
Then, I had to drop him off at Miss Sandy's because I had a doctor's appointment. I was so sad, I couldn't spend the whole day with him.
I had a little bit of time by myself so I did a little shopping. I always forget how much easier it is to shop without a 2 year old:) I found him a few good deals on some shirts. My appointment was at Brian's new hospital, so I got to see him and where he works.
I picked Jackson up early and we made a little pit stop for an afternoon treat!
| Spoiled! |
I really wish every week had a 3 day weekend!
"The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and are safe." Proverbs 18:!0
No comments:
Post a Comment