Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Just some randomness from me!

*Jackson has a new love in puzzles and can put these ones together all by himself! There are three different puzzles that are stored underneath and he loves doing each of them. I am so impressed that he figured out how to complete them on his own. He really needs a whole post dedicated to his silliness, stubbornness, and sweetness!

*It has been over 3 weeks since I have had a diet soda of my own. I have had a few drinks of Brian's root beer. But, I am really just trying to stay away from Diet drinks because I know they are not good for me, not that regular soda is either. It has actually been easier than I thought and I plan to continue drinking all natural H20. So far, I count this as a personal success!
*My students amaze me with their thinking (on some days). They came up with these shape diagrams for the water cycle and explained why the triangle or the square fit the water cycle better. They were even debating with one another. LOVE it!

*I love to bake! I tried a new recipe today and talk about crazy. I even modified the cookies and they were still huge. The pictures don't do them justice. They were, however, delish!

*My Dad had surgery today and all went well. I am so thankful for my Dad's faith. I have a lot to learn from him. Mel and Sharon fly in tomorrow. We are all looking forward to spending time with them and getting spoiled!

*A few verses I am clinging to this week:
Psalm 57:2 "I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose, for me."

Proverbs 18:10 "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe."

No comments: