Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Party and Show

Thursday morning, Jackson had his Christmas party at preschool. Being the wonderful parents we are, not one of us was able to take off and be there the whole time. Thankfully my wonderful team covered my lunch duty, and I was able to spend an hour with him.
 
Jackson was beyond excited when I got there. He was running around showing me his presents and talking a mile a minute about what they did in the morning. Good thing he didn't miss me too much. I was a little worried because my 1st graders sometimes cry when no parent comes to their party. Aunt Midge being there helped I'm sure!
 I finished eating pizza with Jackson for lunch and then helped him make a gingerbread house.
We had some practice on this activity! As much as I wished I could have made the whole party, we made the most of the time I was there and had a blast.
 (Sidenote about the reindeer shirt: Jackson has wore this shirt no less than once a week since Thanksgiving. It was less than $3 and a bit small, but a 4T was all they had and he really wanted Rudolph with googly eyes.)
 
Jackson had been counting down to go see the puppet show. Second Baptist was putting on The Crazy Christmas Show and he was excited to go. We went Friday night after getting some dinner at Chick-fil-a.
The set was fun and Jackson could hardly wait for it to start.
 The whole show was really fun, upbeat, and about the true meaning of Christmas. They used some oldies and current songs and changed the lyrics to tell the Christmas story. It kept our toes tapping. Jackson even stood up and danced some.
Another fun Christmas activity in the book and on the list for next year too!

No comments: