Sunday, April 11, 2010

Deals, Shoes, And a Few Other Things

I love a good deal and this weekend we got plenty. First, I went grocery shopping and my toatl was $71 and I paid $36. That is a savings of 49%! Then, we were at Target getting a few things and we saved 60% there. I have been eyeing up a pair of Vera Wang heels at Kohl's. However, they are $80 and my budget doesn't allow $80 shoes even if they are needed for an event that is coming up.

Aren't they breathtaking!? HA! Well, I ended up getting them for $26. That is around a 68% saving. Pretty good if you ask me!

I also got 40 prints and an 8 X 10 all for only 22 cents!

And last but not least we bought a dishwasher also for about 68% savings. On Friday night, I was visiting with Katrina when she mentions they need a new dishwasher. I told her we would be on the lookout for a good deal for them. Well, I think we did it. I hope it works out.

Man, I love a good deal!

Brian got the camera out after church today and Jackson posed just like this for him. He knows what that camera is for:)

We took his clothes and shoes off to change him. But, he kept trying to put his shoes on himself and then he brought them to us to put on. He wanted to wear his shoes and then later his sandals all day. I guess he loves shoes as much as his mama!

Jackson loves to "draw", so the other day I got out the crayons and I gave him a piece of posterboard. Since then he has been "drawing" and carrying the posterboard all around the house with him. I think we have an artist on our hands!

We borrowed this bike seater from my aunt. We thought Jackson might like it better than the bike trailer because he would be able to see more. He still was not a big fan of the bike ride all because he can't get his helmet of his mind (or his head). Hopefully, he will start to like his helmet as much as his shoes because I love bike riding.

We had a great weekend hanging low and relaxing a bit for once. Hope you did too!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Kyndra - Where is your bike helmet? :)

I agree - bike riding around town is the best! We've had some gorgeous weather in Wisconsin and I've gotten my bike out several times.

Wendy Suddendorf said...

Tell me--what are your secrets to your big savings. WOW!!!