Monday, September 20, 2010

Unexpected Blessings

Yesterday after Jackson's nap I noticed an eye booger and wiped it from his eye. No big deal, but as the afternoon progressed so did the number of eye boogers. His eye wasn't pink but I had this feeling he had or was getting pink eye. By bedtime it was more crusty and we decided we probably needed to take Jackson to the doctor in the morning. That was a problem for me because I hate to miss work, but Brian had jury duty so he couldn't stay home. Then I decided I should look at it is an opportunity to spend more time with my sweet boy who is growing so fast.

I got to sleep in until 7, work out, and spend the morning with Jackson at the doctor's.
He did have pink eye and while we were there we checked off a trip back later this week. I asked Dr. Arthur if she would do his well check as well and she said sure. So Jackson got measured and a shot. No crying I was so proud, he was a champ!
He earned that cracker:) He is now 31 pounds, 36 inches, and has a new birth mark under his arm.
We came home and spent the rest of the morning playing with every toy in the house.
He has mastered the circle! I love watching him get better at things everyday.
His favorite part is dumping out the pieces.

Brian did not get picked on a jury so he was home by right before Jackson's nap. It was a rare and special treat to all be home on a Monday afternoon. I was able to get all my progress reports and benchmark scantrons done during Jackson's nap. I think Brian may have napped too!
After naptime we took a family bike ride and stopped by the park. We spent over a hour playing and laughing.
Pulling up on the bars, I think he misses the Little Gym.
He thinks he is such a big boy, I guess he kind of is!

We met a sweet mom and her 5 kids (all under 6) at the park. The first grader was so sweet to Jackson. She would help him up the stairs, push him down the slide, and pull up his shorts:)
Swinging with his new friend Emma
Emma making Jackson laugh. Jackson loves other kids. He gets so excited around them and laughs and laughs at them.
I tried out a new recipe for dinner, cleaned the kitchen, and washed the dishes all before 6 oclock. I forgot I also made no bake cookies for Brian's lunch this week! My week is now looking a little less hetic thanks to my extra day "off".
"The Lord has done Great hings for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

2 comments:

The Blowey Bunch said...

hey girl, this is the park in my rents neighborhood, where does your fam live?! what a small world :)
*Keri*

Anonymous said...

dang I thought my child was huge Ian is only 4 pounds more than jackson and the same height