Saturday, October 23, 2010

More Fall Fun

There is no other way to start celebrating Brian's birthday than with blueberry donuts. Jackson couldn't believe he was getting sugar for breakfast! After a bike ride and a pitstop at the park, we got ready to go a fall festival at my aunt's church. Jackson had an absolute blast! He "played" a lot of little games and won some cool prizes. He found some of his favorite: pumpkins! He loves to point and say pumpkin. I love this picture of him with the pumpkins.
I love it in black and white too!
He picked out a pumpkin and decorated it with mommy and daddy.
We all enjoyed a carmel apple and won the bid on 2 silent auction items, Home Depot Gift Cards. Brian now can go buy his extension ladders and clean the pine needles from our gutters. And can I just say how much I dislike pine needles! They are everywhere and are not beautiful fall foliage.
Brian and Jackson raking the few leaves that have fallen. Jackson had more fun smacking the ground and leaves with the rake.
His absolute favorite thing of the day was the big bouncer slide. Brian went down with him the first time but after that he didn't need any help!
We planned on staying for about a hour and ended up staying more like 3 hours! I love my boys!
When we left Jackson was beyond tired and we thought for sure he would fall asleep by the time we got home. He fought it the whole way and once he did finally go down he slept 45 minutes! What? Maybe all the sugar had something to do with it, or his molars coming in, or his allergies!
Brian picked Genghis Grill for his birthday dinner. I must be wearing off on him:) We had a great time and our dinner was better than what I was dreaming about all day! We ended our day with a family walk, which is Jackson's new favorite past time.
I love days like these-every minute is spent with the two boys I love most!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I Love your boys too!

Sharon said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!!! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to go to the Fall Festival. Fun times--Great pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so cute! especially the little one!