Friday, March 4, 2011

It's Jackson's Birthday

We had a wonderful day celebrating Jackson's 2nd Birthday! I woke him up singing Happy Birthday and then Brian called and he sang over speaker phone. Whenever I would ask Jackson whose birthday it was he would answer "ME!"

I got up extra early yesterday in order to ensure some play and picture time with my birthday boy before we had to leave for school. I love birthdays and wanted to make a big deal out of his!
The birthday boy and me!

The TWO year old!

Brian decorated the downstairs when he got home from work and Jackson went crazy with all the balloons and streamers! He ran circles through the streamers pulling the balloons along.
We hung up his birthday banner from last year! I love seeing it hung up, it just makes me smile:)
Cupcakes with my labor of love Thomas caketop toppers!
As soon as he opened his dump truck he was off and pushing! He pushed it all through the house and up and down the driveway. He was so excited to finally get it because we bought it with him but then told him we returned it. When he ripped off the wrapping paper he just kept saying "dump truck, dump truck, dump truck" in a quiet whisper with a smile glued to his face.
Family shot before dinner
Jackson chose "chicken" for his birthday dinner. So we went to Chick-fil-a and what could be better than the cow being there! Jackson watched him the whole time and asked to take a picture with him.
After dinner we came back home for cupcakes. (Sidenote about the balloons: I asked Jackson what was on the balloons and he replied "Number two!" I love how he added "number":))
So excited it's MY birthday! He would not eat his cupcake without us feeding it to him because he did not like the frosting on his hands; crazy boy!
I hope Jackson enjoyed his birthday as much as I did! Looking forward to celebrating more over Spring Break with our family and friends (and using my Thomas cupcake toppers again!).

2 comments:

Tim and Emily said...

Aww!! Two years strong and absolutely adorable! We thought of your little guy many times on March 3. Happy birthday to him!

Frank and Natalie said...

What a fun day!
You guys do a great job of making it special.