Jackson and I had a date scheduled for this morning at Barnes and Noble. He has been talking about our book date since Thursday. I love that he gets excited to do things with me. Our first stop was coffee for me and a smoothie for him! Then, Jackson was off to search for some books to read on the stage.
He was excited to see If You Give A Moose A Muffin, and I was excited to see a Laura Numeroff book I haven't read before. I didn't buy it, but we did read it twice! Jackson informed me "He REALLY likes donuts!"We spent almost 2 hours reading, playing trains, looking at books, and checking out books. Lots of fun!
From there we headed over to Fire Fest at a local Fire Station. Jackson was all about all of the trucks, helicopter, fire helmets, and water hose. Driving the fire truck just like Papa Mel!
Riding in the truck! (How old does he look here?)
We waited a while in line so Jackson could spray the water hose. According to him he put out a big fire! I think this may have been the best part or was it driving in the field!
Brian was going to go with us to Fire Fest but he didn't get home in time. He was helping John replace his garbage disposal and tear out a tree stump. He also did some stocking up on necessities for us at Costco. I think we are set for awhile!
I had a great morning/afternoon with Jackson. I love this age. He is able to have conversations with me, and he is quite hilarious. Lord, thank you for blessing my life with this little boy and reminding me how precious life truly is!


2 comments:
Cute pics. Miss ya girl.
Jackson looks like he is 5 years old, talks like he's at least 5 years old, and reads like my
5-year-old kindergarteners used to.
Are we sure he's only two???
Post a Comment