Our backyard has been a work in progress since we moved in. While the previous owners loved a full, overgrown lush backyard, we prefer a modest amount that we can manage. We have removed many vines, trees, and weeds along our fence and around the pool.
One side of the pool has been empty since last spring because I am not a gardening type girl. We had a landscaper come out and give us a bid to dig up roots, plant some flowers and bushes, and a few other things. It was over a thousand dollars, what! We found a crew to dig up roots and weeds for a fraction of that cost. Then, while Mel, Sharon, and Jason were here they helped Brian fertilize, plant, and mulch. Jackson was a big help too!
Brian has been coming home from work and checking on to see how the plants are doing. So, now when Jackson and I get home first we have to go over and look at them. Jackson stops at each one and says "Look, this one is blooming" or "The blue flowers are so pretty." He even has picked me several flowers!
They have added some color to our backyard and will make floating into the pool this summer even more enjoyable.

1 comment:
It's looking good! I would love to come and take care of those flowers----I haven't seen the sun in days----maybe even weeks!!!!
Post a Comment