Friday, July 20, 2012

Teacher College Reading Institute

I spent the week attending the Teacher College Reading Institute. I have been wanting to go to New York and attend one since I started teaching 6 years ago. However, I didn't get to go to New York. My school district hosted the Institute for 1 teacher from each campus to attend.
If I would have attended the training 6 years ago, I would have gained a lot of new to me information. I felt like they reaffirmed a lot of what I am already doing plus gave me ways to fine tune and make some things even better. I got to know some acquaintances even better and had a great time learning and talking about teaching reading!

Now, I am ready to attend their advanced Reading Institute in New York!

1 comment:

Caroline and Kyle said...

YAY! Take me to NY too! I want to go!!!