Friday, July 27, 2012

Vacation Bible School Week

Jackson attended his first ever VBS this week at my Aunt's church. (He starts preschool there is in about 3 weeks, yikes!) Our days this week looked liked we hit the repeat button. I would drop him off in the morning, then go do my thing, and pick him and Aaron up afterwards.

Monday:
 On the first day, Jackson was a little unsure about me leaving him. He did great though!
Love those brown eyes!
 I went up to school to set up for my training on Tuesday. I should get paid for the set up, that is tougher than teaching the class! I also started some homemade cinnamon rolls before I went to get the boys. These turned out to be sooooo yummy!
Jackson wanted to dye the frosting

I picked up the boys and took them for lunch at McDonald's (their choice).

Swimming together after lunch.

 Tuesday: A repeat of Monday except no swimming with Aaron.
I loved the morning time with Jackson before VBS. We always had some time to play trucks or tractors and ride bikes.

 Wednesday: A repeat of Monday except no McDonald's.
I got to have breakfast and go shopping with Cindy while our kids were at VBS. What a fun treat! I don't think I have done that all summer. I even found some of the books I was looking for.

Thursday: VBS, running errands, buying Christmas presents, building a tent

Friday: A repeat of Wednesday
After I dropped Jackson off, I headed to pamper myself. My toes and eyebrows were in desperate need of some TLC.

 At the end of the day today, they invited parents to come to the closing. I got there a little early and watched Jackson play Duck, Duck, Goose and find his way into the sanctuary.
 He has been singing the songs from VBS all week. He has to listen to them and dance before nap and bedtime.
I was excited to see him sing today, but he was not nearly as loud or animated as he has been singing them at home.
 Proud of my boy!
He did a great job listening this week and he said he had fun.
Thanks to VBS and Aaron for helping produce great naps in the afternoon and providing me with some "me" time this week!

No comments: