Saturday, January 3, 2009

Am I getting old

IF I got really excited about a GREAT deal on a vacuum and a stroller?

We needed a new vacuum but didn't just want to buy just a cheaper one from like Target. We wanted one that really works. We saw Oreck was having a holiday sale. When we got to the store, we found out it was the old model they were getting rid of. Brian dealed with the man and got us the newer model (retail price $299), canister vacuum (retail price $199), and cordless floor vacuum instead of an iron (retail price $99) all for only $299. So far we love the Oreck and would highly recommend it!!! **The canister is on back order so that is why it is not in the picture**
I really wanted a Chicco stroller and had register for one, even though they are $300. After my shower back home I had enough money for a stroller from Babies R Us, just not the Chicco one. And I had a hard time justifying spending that much on a stroller when there were cheaper ones that seemed just as nice. Well, yesterday when we went to Babies R Us to buy a stroller we saw a stroller a Chicco stroller by some clearance items but it wasn't mark down. Brian asked the store manager and he said it was display model and would give us 15% of the price. Chicco strollers were also $25 dollars off and I had another $25 coupon for Chicco strollers which they let me use. (The stroller rang up at $289 instead of $299 at the register, and they gave us the 15% off before the $25 off.) Grand total of the Chicco stroller was $192 and I had $200 in gift cards!!
God is faithful even in the "small" things!!
"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" Jeremiah 32:27

3 comments:

The Blowey Bunch said...

God does provide.. isn't it amazing how He worksthings out we never expected and WOW you bought a house!! Where? I guess I am so ou of it I didn't even know ya'll were looking
*Keri*

Anonymous said...

We LOVE our Chicco travel system, it was totally worth the money! I love the red by the way, I've never seen that color before!

Anonymous said...

You guys got great deals! Especially all the vaccuums!! WOW. I can't believe my brother is such a shopper. He hated it when he was a kid. You really have converted him, Kyndra!! :)