Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Big Boy?


We had an ultrasound yesterday and she estimated Jackson to weigh about 3 1/2 pounds. Very average according to what I have read. My dr said you can add 4 to 4 1/2 pounds and that is about how much he will weigh when he is born. So, hopefully Jackson will not be much over 8 pounds. I go see the doctor on Wednesday, please pray everything else is still looking good. My mom wants to buyher plane ticket for Jackson's birth, but I don't want to be the one to tell her the date and then miss the day he is born. Any ideas?

I am getting to the point where I want to have everything ready for when Jackson comes. But, that is for sure not going to happen because we might not even be in our new house. One thing I want to do is to find a cute homecoming outfit for him. I am having a hard time finding a boy outfit I really like, that is not a sleeper or an outfit with pants that look more like sweat pants than pants. Sounds like I need to go shopping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as the boy outfit goes, I would recommend something that is a very soft material for babies, it just looks cute. I got Leo a romper from the gap that was like white velour but had a collar and buttons on top like a polo. When they are so little, those look the best. If you try to put jeans or overalls on a baby, they just bunch up. Wait a couple months for that. I like Janie and Jack for layette (really unique and expensive, but worth it for the going home outfit or baptism or GAP is nice, of course)

As far as getting your mom there for the delivery, I have no ideas. It's almost impossible to predict unless your doctor is going to induce you. She should probably wait until closer though because then you might have an idea if you're dialated and effaced. Your doc. will check at each weekly appt. So like 2-3 weeks before you're due, if you are starting to dialate, that would be a good sign, of course, the whole thing could happen very quickly too! I guess she will just have to come like a week before and plan to stay a couple of weeks!!! :)