Saturday, January 2, 2010

Flashback: Christmas Eve and Christmas



We woke up at 4:00 am on Christmas Eve to catch our flight to Wisconsin. Jackson was a great flier both ways. Each time he feel asleep right before take off and slept half of the flight.



My mom and Garrison picked us up at the airport and we were off for Brian's parent house. Once we arrived we got to meet Alivia and have a great dinner with the whole family. Then it was time to get ready for Christmas Eve service at church.



Us before church
We met up with my family at church. It was nice to see some old friends and familiar faces. After the service we tried to take some pictures with them but Jackson was tired from the flight and the service, so they didn't turn out so cute. Oh well!

After church we headed back to the Hartzler's to open presents and eat some more food:)
Jackson wasn't interested in opening his presents but once they were open he was very focused on his new toys.

Jackson and his cousin Leo

Jackson and I are wearing our Christmas jammies from my mom. Every year growing up my sister and I got to open one present on Christmas Eve, which were always jammies. I love this tradition and am glad my mom included Jackson this year (Mom, fyi Brian felt left out).

Jackson and me, Traci and Leo, April and Alivia
These grandbabies were all very spoiled by grandma and grandpa
We spent the night at Brian's parents house so we could spend some extra time with everyone and got up early on Christmas morning and headed out to my parent's house.
I made French toast and sausage links and then we opened more presents. Jackson must have been one very good boy this year. I can't believe I forgot to take pictures Christmas morning.

We had lunch at my parent's house and spent the day hanging out and watching movies. It was a great day!!
Last year Garrison and I made a birthday cake for Jesus so we continued that tradition and made one again this year. Garrison is such a goof ball!
Jackson had a great first Christmas and it was wonderful to be surrounded by the ones who love us the most.
More to come on our week in the frozen white tundra, aka Wisconsin!

No comments: