Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve morning was very laid back.

We got ready for Christmas Eve service. This would be my first Christmas without going to Church without my parents. It was bittersweet because I missed spending time with them, but it was nice to start some traditions with just the three of us.

Pictures before Church-
My sweet boy
Family pic


My love and I:)
Jackson came with us to the service because I wanted to go as a family. I also want him to know how special Christmas is because of the gift we were given in Jesus. He did okay, but not great. He wanted to go up on stage the whole time.
Afterwards, he got to do just that!
It was a wonderful service. I left with my heart more focused on Him.
By the time we got home we were all starving. While our pizza was cooking Jackson opened his one Christmas Eve present; new pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. Then, we found the reindeer food we made the other. Jackson loved his Rudolph. He even asked to take a picture with it the day we made it. 

After he had his rain boots on, he headed out to sprinkle the oats and glitter on the lawn. The reindeer would now guide Santa right to our house.  
Cookies and milk for Santa
We all snuggled by the fire, watched Ice Age Christmas, and read In the Manager before bedtime.
We put Jackson to bed and told him when he woke up to come find us so we could see what Santa left. About 10 minutes later, I heard pitter patter upstairs. We went up there, and Jackson was using the potty. He said, "I already slept. I am awake." Such a silly boy!

All our presents were already wrapped. I only had to set them out by the tree and fill stockings. Brian worked on assembling Jackson's kitchen.

I had to take a close up of the presents Brian wrapped for me. 
He is so creative; love the spray painted tree!
He always puts a lot of love into his gifts for me.

I went to bed with a real excitement for our first Christmas morning just the 3 of us!

1 comment:

grandma said...

Nice Pj's Jackson. You look very handsome in them. I love you bunches!