TACKY CHRISTMAS SWEATER PARTY
Our Sunday School class had their Christmas Party Friday night. Brian and I dressed our part and were not ashamed of our good looks! I think Brian's comb over makes his sweater even worse. I still don't know how Brian did win for tackiest!
There was a friendly build your own Gingerbread House competition. After 2 years of building them with Katrina, I think mine finally turned out decent.
Brian and my houses respectively.
We had a fun evening with everyone!
VISUAL NATIVITY
Saturday my Aunt's church had their annual Live Nativity. I love that this Christmas activity had nothing to do with Santa, Christmas trees, or presents. We were able to talk to Jackson about Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus a little bit more.
Jackson absolutely loved riding the animals. He rode on the donkey all by himself.
This is round 2, or maybe 3!
The camel rides were also a hit. Daddy and Mommy both got to ride him too.
Jackson told everyone he liked the animals but the camel was bumpy!
Jackson also enjoyed petting and feeding the little goats and sheep. He liked how soft the sheep were. These are the things he likes to tell us as he is going to bed.:)
They also had a cupcake walk, and Jackson won the first time around. He had one cupcake after we at lunch at the Church, and of course wanted to eat them all!
It was a sweet time with our little guy!
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
We only put white lights on our house because I like the classic look of them. However, Jackson loves all the colorful lights, yard decorations, and blow ups. It's not hard to find as you drive around.
We drove around to look at lights. Brian would slow down by the houses we knew Jackson would love and roll down his window. As we making our way back home, we happen to stumble upon this house.
What's so special about this house you ask? They have their lights set to music! We tuned our radio to the station posted on the sign, sat, and watched for about 15 minutes. Jackson was memorised and enjoyed every minute.
I thought it was pretty neat that someone in the subdivision did this. I feel like we should leave a Thank you note to them and their neighbors! We will probably make another visit before Christmas. I am so glad we decided to turn left and not right!





2 comments:
You sure get to do a lot of neat things with Jackson. I'm impressed with all of the things your Aunt's church does for families!!!
That live nativity looks like so much fun!! Y'all always have fun things to do on the weekend :)
Post a Comment