Thursday, September 19, 2013

Four Months of Lincoln

Lincoln's personality shines through more each day. He is such a happy boy!
He wakes up smiling and talking. Jackson can sure make him laugh, especially when he jumps up in front of him.
He weighs 15 pounds 2.5 ounces and is 26 inches long. We made another jump up in diapers to size 3. He is still wearing 3-6 and 6 month clothes but it is all getting a bit snug.
Lincoln loves to eat! He drinks 6-7 ounces every 3-4 hours and takes 8-9 ounces in his last bottle before bed. He usually falls to sleep between 7 and 8. If I am lucky he sleeps until 4:00 or 5 before waking up to nurse. However, we still have several nights where he will wake up at 2:30 or 3 to nurse. Some nights I can get his pacifier to do the trick.
We are not on consistent schedule with naps. Some days at school he naps no more than an hour all day and other days he will take a 3 hour nap. At home we try to get a morning, afternoon, and evening nap.
Lincoln has mastered a few new things this month. He can now roll from his belly to his back and his back to his belly. He will not do this trick in front of the camera though:) He also likes the jumperaoo.
He has a cough and congestion that we think is from allergies. We took him to the doctor and there is nothing we can do but elevate his head when he sleeps and run the humidifier. I am praying it clears up soon.
Lincoln,
I can't believe how much you have grown in 4 months. I am so thankful you are healthy. I prayed so long for you, it is such a blessing watching you grow and be your mom. You make me so proud just being you and that will never change. Just when I think I can't love you more you smile at me and my heart grows ten times. You love watching your brother and he is pretty protective of you. I can't wait to see you guys become best friends and play together. Oh, I am sure there will be some fights, but I am praying you are each other's biggest fans. Your daddy and I are so thankful for you and are praying that you are a man of God that lives with integrity in all he does.
I love you, Lincoln Wayne.
Mommy

No comments: