Friday, March 19, 2010

This Day Was Made For Walking

Sadly Spring Break is coming to an end, but we made the most of the beautiful day we had. I think we walked over 10 miles today.
This morning Jackson and I walked to my Aunt's work to say Hi and play a bit with her, then we walked straight to our favorite park (our daily ritual), and then finished off our walk.

We came home so I could shower and get ready and then have lunch. Brian took a half day off today so we could go do something together. We had orignally planned on him taking the whole day off so we could go to the Zoo. But life happened and he had to take a half day on Wednesday to so we could buy him a new car!
So instead of the zoo we decided to take Jackson to the Bear Creek Park where there are some animals that he could look at and a play area.
Since his naptime is usually at 1:00 I was afraid he would fall asleep on the way there and then be cranky at the park. However, he stayed awake the whole time in the car UNTIL we were pulling in the driveway. We decided we would just wake him up since he just fell asleep and then he would take a better nap after we looked at the animals. The kid would not wake up, even when we set him upright so we put him in the stroller and walked the 2 mile loop a few times until he woke up.
We thought about just heading home and I am SO glad we didn't. Jackson loved seeing the animals, especially the goats because they were the closest and he could pet them.
You could always tell when he finally saw the animals because he would point and say "oooooo"


We were hoping he wasn't allergic like daddy. He didn't seem to be.

I think we will need to visit the zoo real soon.
And since we hadn't walked enough, after dinner we headed out to let Jackson play some more at the park. But once again he fell asleep and Brian and I enjoyed a lovely stroll together. It is not everyday I get to take 3 walks outside-it was my kind of day!

2 comments:

Coughlin's Corner said...

Sounds like ya'll had a fun day. We have a petting zoo here that we should take the kids to. What kind of car did Brian get?

Jules said...

So fun! Going to the Zoo is one of my favorite things to do. I can't wait to have kids and get to take them there :)