Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Birthday Boy

The Birthday Boy and me
and last year
What a difference a year makes! I can't wait to see how much he changes and learns this year, what a blessing he is to our lives! Thank you Lord Jesus for this blessing.

I went into Jackson's room this morning singing Happy Birthday, I was filled with such emotion on his first birthday. I picked him up and loved on him and realized he felt warm. He had a low grade fever, so I gave him some tylenol and tried to get a few pictures and this is what he thought about that:

When I dropped him off at the babysitter's house he was full of giggles and smiles. Of course not at home for the camera! He loved the birthday banners and balloons Miss Sandy had up. I left school early to go get him with great intentions and big plans for his first birthday. However, Jackson had a temp of 102 when I picked him up. Miss Sandy said he had a great day, played hard and enjoyed some cake but right before I got there he got clingy and crabby. She took him temp and it was 102. She gave him some more tylenol and we headed home. I guess my plans of the park and going out for dinner were out the window. Jackson did perk up after the tylenol kicked in.

He LOVED his birthday balloon,
And laughed until he got the hiccups!
He wasn't too sure about opening the presents,
but couldn't get enough of the balls that were inside the wrapping.

I can dribble!
Jackson devoured his spaghetti and ate half of his cupcake. He did not like the frosting on his fingers and needed some milk to wash it all down.

We're alternating tylenol and motrin tonight and I am praying his fever breaks so we do not have to take him to the doctor tomorrow.
Happy 1st Birthday Jackson!! Your daddy and I love you more and more each day!

No comments: