Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Nursery

About 3 months ago, I started volunterring in the nursery at church. I fill in every week where ever they need me. Sometimes I am with the babies and other times I am with the 4 year olds. Well, this last week I got to be in Jackson's room. He doesn't cry when we drop him off any more, but when I am in his room he wants to be right by me.
I observed a few things about Jackson while I was with him in the nursey:
-He doesn't like to share his mommy
-He likes THE toy that another child has
-He is a strong boy (we will work on not taking toys away)
-He is just as daring on the mats in nursery as at The Little Gym
-He is a great "picker uper"
-He is the cutest, tallest boy in his room, HA!
It is fun to see some of the boys and girls he will grow up with in Sunday school and youth group. I can't help but wonder if he will marry a girl from youth group like his daddy did:)
Every week after we pick Jackson up from the nursery he heads straight for these toys in the entrance of the nursery area. I think it is his favorite part of Sunday morning, it is what gets him through:) I would love a wall of different activities in Jackson's room for him to play with; Grandpa Mel?
It was fun to spend the morning with my boy and his church buddies!

No comments: