Monday, July 19, 2010

TAWG

What I love most about Jackson's naptime is my TAWG time! TAWG stands for Time Alone With God.

Every summer when I was in 2nd grade through 7th grade I went to Camp Manitoqua. At camp we had TAWG time every day and maybe twice a day and it was always at least 30-45 minutes long. I loved climbing all the way up to my bunkbed, laying out on my sleeping bag, and opening up Bible. I kept my TAWG notebook real close to right down whatever the Lord was laying on my heart. I think I loved this time so much, especially at camp, because there was absolutely no distractions! My mind and heart were focused on the Lord and His word. I always left camp feeling recharged in my walk with the Lord. But, once school started back up and basketball practice and homework came I had or in my case made less time for that all important TAWG time. Well, I am no longer a 2nd or 7th grader but the same is true. I am going to fight against everything else pulling for my time and focus on TAWG time even once school starts this year. Not once a week, not three time a weeks but daily sustained time in the Word and prayer.


When ever I think about Camp Manitoqua I get a big smile on my face! I loved camp, every single minute of it! I can still sing some of the songs, although I wish I remembered more. I may have to get in contact with Mandy or Toni and see if they remember:) I hope Jackson gets the chance to go to camp like I did. Thanks mom and dad for spending the money and letting me have the chance to grow in the Lord.

Here is a picture of my camp counselor (Aunt Denise) and me (be nice) from the summer 1997 inside our cabin. I could write a lot more on different memories of camp but I will stop and leave you with one of the scriptures I am loving right now:

1 Peter 1:18-19 "For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, BUT with the precious blood of Christ."

Nothing else in life matters, He is the only eternal in our lives and He saved us with His blood. Amen! I am trying so hard to focus only on things that have a lasting effect on my life and the lives of those I love and come in contact with.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Screendoor! Selfishy! I miss camp. What a great opportunity we were given by our parents. I hope I get to send my kids somewhere like that too! Miss you Kyndra!

Unknown said...

I was just thinking Screendoor too! Or "Victory, Victory, That's what Jesus is to me!" I use the good old Boom chicka boom in my classroom for morning meeting sometimes :) I loved camp!