Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Egg Hunts

Saturday morning we headed over to our Church for there Easter egg hunt. Jackson couldn't wait to go find eggs. He was being extremely silly before we left and this is what he did for every picture!
On our way to the field:) Still excited!


By the time the hunt actually started he was way less excited about finding eggs. At first he just watched everyone else pick up eggs. You don't actually have to hunt for these eggs because there are literally thousands of eggs spread out across the field. He eventually decided he would join in on the fun!


"Look what I got Mom!" He finished with a full basket of eggs. He was more amused with the eggs themselves than the candy inside. Not my boy! I love this picture of him behind his Easter bucket with the focus on the cross and his name. I pray he surrenders his life to the One who gave it all for us!

Family picture after the egg hunt. Of course no smiles from Jackson!

We decided to do our own egg hunt with Jackson at home too. We hid a dozen or so eggs around the house and let him go. He went crazy, squealing every time he found an egg not caring what was inside!




We also let him find his Easter baskets Saturday night. I figured that way we didn't have to rush before Church. I actually think that might be a new tradition because then Easter Sunday is reserved just for Jesus!

He's not spoiled or anything:) He found all three baskets and enjoyed playing with his new toys all night long. I think that wraps up all things Easter!

1 comment:

Grandma Sharon said...

Hiding Easter baskets on Sat. is such a GREAT idea!!!! Why didn't I ever think of that?????