Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend Highlight

We have had a fun, laid back weekend with some long sleepless nights. Jackson has a nasty cough with runny nose and every now and then a fever. Friday night was the worst. He would cough and cry like he was in a lot of pain. It broke my heart to hear/see him like that. Daddy ended up sleeping in the chair with him all night. My turn was Saturday night. During the day he would run around like he felt fine most of the weekend, which I guess he was except his really annoying cough.
We still managed to take numerous walks and bike rides with stops at the park. However the highlight of our weekend was an impromptu trip to Bear Creek Park. It is a free park with some animals to look at behind fences. Jackson LOVED the goats! This goat would come right up to the fence and eat grass right out of Jackson's hand. Jackson got a kick out of it EVERY TIME! We just took our time walking up and down the fences checking out all the animals. The weather was beautiful! Checking out the animals with daddy. They have a bunch of different birds. I loved seeing the peacock with its feathers all spread out. Beautiful, just beautiful! We were looking over the bridge at the little turtles when a HUGE turtle came swimming on through! Jackson is enthralled by all things animals so this was a great trip for him! I actually had a really good time looking at all the animals. I tried to look at them all through the eyes of God and found them all amazing! We also saw a really big chicken and turkey. I couldn't believe how big they were!
Man, I love the weekends! I am praying and hoping my baby boy is on the mend and we all sleep through the night!

No comments: