Saturday, April 9, 2011

Living Praise

In our small group we are reading Praise Habit, Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi by David Crowder. Before reading this book I was trying to be more aware of my worship for God and worshiping Him without ceasing. David talks a lot about worship being part of every move and making it our way of life; our natural habit. In Praise Habit he writes, "When you begin to find Him in all the stuff of life, everything starts singing. Every moment breaks into song. Every breath becomes sacrifice, and the songs become sweetness. This is living praise."



So this last week I was trying to be more aware of where I found God and worshipping Him in that moment. Here are a few places I found God:


-A Polaris by the side of the road, God provides in all sorts of ways-My alarm clock, God cares even about the smallest things

-A doctor's appointment and Target gift card


-A father's love

-Grandparents/family
-Jackson's love for life


-Scripture/song that I needed at that moment

-God's creation, God thought of every last detail
-Selling Final Four Tickets allowed me to have an opportunity to do something unique for school


-Katrina, God blesses us with friends and has a plan long before we know"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands." Psalm 63:3-4

Where did you find God this week?

No comments: