Thursday, February 23, 2012

God's Word

"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:11
That is Brian and my prayer for Jackson as he learns these Bible verses at a young age.

 Here he is working on his illustration to go with his new verse. We also sang Thy Word which I know has helped him memorize this verse already.
Here is a video of him saying his four verses.
He speaks rather quiet on this video, but he does know all his verses even though he struggles with the reference sometimes. (We won't mention he asked for a Thomas verse to learn, ha!)

 Verse #1 is Matthew 22:37 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind."
Verse #2 is Psalm 139:14 "I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
Verse #3 is Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want."
Verse #4 is Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp for my feet, and a light for my path." He had only learned this one the day before.

We always say verse #1 on the way to daycare in the morning and pray that Jackson will love the Lord by loving his friends and obeying Miss Sandy that day. I plan on reciting scripture with him in the morning as long as I drive him to school.

1 comment:

grandma Elly said...

Good job saying your bible verses Jackson, Grandpa and Grandma are so proud of you!!!