Monday, February 20, 2012

Jehovah-Jireh

"Jehovah-Jireh, my provider, His grace is sufficient for me."

You will often hear Brian and I singing that short phrase of the familiar hymn. Brian said his Aunt Dolly would sing it anytime God provided for her, even when she would get a front row parking spot. Really I should be singing this phrase all day long, since God provides for me every second of every day, but usually we sing it when God provides in an out of the "normal" way. We were singing it just the other night when we were on our way to dinner.

At the corner of our street someone was throwing away a big green slide. A green slide that could replace and allow us to return the green slide we just bought for $100. A green slide that was bigger and longer than what we had, now we could get rid of the ugly mat under the slide. A green slide that was more expensive than the green slide we had bought. A green slide sitting there for us for our Jehovah-Jireh!
I love the way the Lord shows He cares about every aspect of our lives and how He can use a green slide to remind me that He is in control of every single detail!

"The people you live among will see how awesome is the work that I, the LORD, will do for you." Exodus 34:10b


No comments: