Monday, February 27, 2012

Lysol is our best friend

Friday night, Brian picked up dinner for us on the way home from work.
We hung out around the house watching movie after movie with our sick little guy. I made a Target run just to get out of the house.

Friday night was rough as Jackson woke up every couple of hours crying. We laid with Jackson and tried to keep him comfortable and his fever down. We stayed around the house, sanitized, cleaned, sanitized some more, and worked on several projects that needed to get done.
Jackson managed to play a little bit through out the day when his fever went down, but overall he laid on the couch watching Cars2.
We all went to bed rather early since we had been up most of the night before.

Saturday night was worse. He woke up crying more often and just couldn't get comfortable sleeping. We had to set the alarm every 3 hours to give him more medicine. It breaks my heart to see him so miserable. I can't imagine what parents go through when their child has cancer or another terrible sickness.

I knew something wasn't right with Jackson, so I decided to take him to Urgent Care while Brian went to church. We got there before we opened and hung out in the car together. I debated going home because he seemed better, but he wanted to see the doctor (for the sucker he gets when he leaves). I am glad we did stay because he ended up having a double ear infection and possible strep throat. They didn't test him since they were going to give him an antibiotic either way.

We got him started on his antibiotic right away, but he couldn't go to daycare today. He still has a very low-grade fever and that nasty cough, but he is doing better. I stayed home with him this morning and Aunt Midge watched him this afternoon for us.

So thankful for medicine and minimal sickness, but I am still praying that the sick bug leaves our house for awhile.
Bring on birthday week!

No comments: