Sunday, June 3, 2012

Schlitterbahn

On Thursday, I had to go to work for our last staff day. PTO provided us with lunch and at the end of lunch my principal did a drawing for 4 Schlitterbahn tickets. Yup, I won!

We decided to put them to good use right away and went yesterday. We left in time to be there when the water park opened and gave our extra ticket to the family behind us. I am so glad we decided to go. It was a perfect day in all senses of the word; the weather, the amount of people there, Jackson's behavior at the park, the enjoyment, really everything! We know that was all because of God!
 All the pictures we took captured Jackson's love for water and the fun he had. I think he was smiling all day (except the one picture below)!
 We started with the big tube rides, where we all could ride together. We rode these two many times, and I loved watching Jackson's reactions.
 Then, we rode some blue slides you needed a tube for. Jackson mainly wanted to ride with Brian, but rode with me once to make me feel good.:) These slides were fast and a lot of fun!
 The blue slides spit us out into the lazy river. Brian and I have been to many water parks together, especially when dating. It was fun being able to take Jackson and go on the slides with him too.
We rode it around several times yesterday.
We missed going into the rapids the first time around. You rode the conveyor belt up and then floated down the rapids.
 Brian and Jackson almost over turned into the water a few times.
 We rode the rapids (or the rabbits as Jackson called them) several times. Jackson said they were his favorite ride!
 The height requirement was 42 inches for the majority of the rides. Jackson is 42 1/4 inches. He went down one slide all by himself. I was a little worried about him dropping into the water himself, but he came up and doggy paddled like a champ.
 There were many different little play areas for the children. At the beginning of the day Jackson had no interest in them. But, by the end of the day this is were we spent our time.
We never made it to the area that contained the indoor play area that we played on for his birthday. The outdoor season is definitely better!
Enjoying the day together on one of our 50 trips around the lazy river. Brian dropped the camera on one of those times, and I quickly dove under to save it.
 Playing in the wave pool
 Lots of fun!
I guess when you play hard all day, it is hard to keep your eyes open.
Not even 3 minutes into our drive home
So thankful for free tickets and a wonderful day together!


No comments: