This last week was filled with lots of surprises, and not the ones that get you excited! But, thankfully God helped see the better side of each obstacle. I wanted to blog about each one so I would remember God's faithfulness in each situation.
#1 Our dishwasher stopped working. We had to get a brand new one. The new one cost $315, the exact amount we had gotten back a few weeks before. So instead of being upset about spending money, I praised God he had gotten our deposit from Lincoln's babysitter back for us.
#2 The battery in my Explorer died while I was out running errands. It cost us another $130 and a couple hours of my time alone. But instead of getting frustrated, I praised God that we had the money to fix it and Jackson had wanted to go to school otherwise I would have had two boys to entertain in the heat as I waited for a new battery.
#3 When Brian was trying to get the ice maker on our freezer to produce more ice he somehow pushed a button that turned the freezer off. The next night, I found my stash of breast milk thawing in the freezer. My initial thought was to be upset, but I chose to Facebook about it with a little joke and be thankful I am a human cow:)
#5 Both boys came down with a fever this weekend. I chose to pray for healing instead of thinking of scenarios of who would stay home with them next week (my first week on contract) and thanking God that they are healthy. Both boys were feeling better by Sunday.
None of these situations were big in the grand scheme of life. But, they made me stop and make sure my heart and attitude were pleasing in His sight and were a great reminder of Who is in control!
"Set your hearts on things above." Colossians 3:1
#4 Summer vacation is over, and I am back at work. Last week I had wanted to pout a little that I had to go back and was dreaming of staying home. But, then I realized just how blessed I am to have a job I love and get so much time off to spend with my boys.
#5 Both boys came down with a fever this weekend. I chose to pray for healing instead of thinking of scenarios of who would stay home with them next week (my first week on contract) and thanking God that they are healthy. Both boys were feeling better by Sunday.
None of these situations were big in the grand scheme of life. But, they made me stop and make sure my heart and attitude were pleasing in His sight and were a great reminder of Who is in control!
"Set your hearts on things above." Colossians 3:1
No comments:
Post a Comment