Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lazy Day of Some Sort

Today was a great day because we had no set agenda. We didn't even change out of our workout clothes until late in the day, and I never did do my hair or make up after I showered.


Brian and Jackson were up by 5:50, thankfully they let me sleep in until 7:00. By 9:00 we had gone to Old Navy, Target, and Wal-Mart. We had also taken a bike ride and picked up our pool tags!
Jackson went down for a nap around 9:30, and I was off to spoil myself with a pedicure. Let's just say I was embarrassed with what I looked like when I saw who was sitting next to me. Maybe next time I will shower and get ready before going? or maybe not?:)

I got home right when Jackson was waking up from his nap. This morning we decided to buy him a swimsuit with the floaties right in it. He needs more time to really get used to it!

After lunch, Brian couldn't hold his eyes open so I sent him to bed. Jackson and I played, read books, and sang Lynelle Pierce songs together. (Dad you would be so proud I still remember the words to all the songs.)
When Brian got up, I put him to work hanging pictures. Our bedroom has been empty long enough.
Our master bedroom had one accent wall of light blue paint when we bought it. We painted it a darker shade of mocha. The lighting in these pictures do not show the true color of our bedroom. We didn't hang too many pictures, but it makes the room feel more like our bedroom now.

Master bedroom looking out to the hallway (with new picture of Jackson hung)
Master bedroom looking into the master bath (with star hung above our bed)

Master bedroom looking into attached room (with wedding picture hung above dresser)
When you walk through the door in the above picture, you will enter my workout room. I enjoy having this room for many reasons a) I can get to my "gym" in seconds b) I can workout at any time c) I actually have a place for my equipment. However, I hope this summer it gets a lot more use!

Brian installed a new ceiling fan and recessed lights with a dimmer for me. While he was installing them I was a bit nervous, but it all turned out perfect in my eyes!
He painted the walls a dusty purple (again the color looks much better in person) and then today hung the collage of pictures on the back wall. I am going to order some saying to put above the pictures since the wall is rather large. Did you notice Jackson's pack and play that is so he can play while I work out if needed:)
My dad gave me a flat screen TV and Brian hung it. I love my workout room!

And after dinner:

Of course we made a trip to the Splash Pad. Jackson's face tells it all!
Lazy day? You decide!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

so who was sitting next to you when you got your pedicure?