Even though this was a week with something different almost everynight, it was jammed pack with fun.
Monday night Brian and I attended the Spotlight Teacher Recognition Celebration at the Berry Center. Even though the Berry Center is only 5 minutes from our house we were almost last because we decided since it was a beautiful night we were going to go play at the park with Jackson first. I got in the shower later than planned and we were both eating dinner on the way out the door. My Aunt Midge came and hung out with Jackson with the evening. We are so blessed that my aunt (and uncle) are so willing to ALWAYS help us out.

The evening was really nice and ofcourse they made us all feel very special. It was a little long and by the time we got home Jackson was already sleeping. Brian made a quick run to Wal-Mart for me to get DVD's for the Mother's Day project I was doing with my students. After waiting 30 minutes in long lines he realized he forgot his wallet and came home without the DVD's. See last year we had techincal difficulites with this little project, so I was trying to start a little bit earlier this year so all my students had theirs to take home to their mother on time. Not starting out on the right track. Off to bed, ready for Tuesday.
Tuesday night after school, Jackson and I went to Kroger to pick up the rest of the things I needed for Bunco on Thursday. Then we came home, picked up the house, and hung out together. On Monday, Curtis, one of our friends from high school sent me a message wanting to know if we were around because he was in Houston for a few days for a training. So after work on Tuesday, Brian picked him up from downtown and brought him back to our house to hang out for the evening. I was a terrible hostess and didn't even make dinner. We showed Curtis what parents get to do everynight! It was good to see you Curtis.
Wednesday night after school, Brian helped me clean and get the house ready for guests on Thursday night. Then it was operation finish Mother Day DVD's. After burning one DVD, Brian's burner stopped working. The one on my computer hasn't worked for some time. What to do? Give 6 student's their DVD's, give no one DVD's, spend money on a new DVD drive for an old, old computer? Well I didn't want to be the only teacher who didn't send something home for Mother's Day, so Brian was off to Best Buy. He bought a new drive only to realize his computer was too old for the new drive. Back to Best Buy to return it and buy an external (more expensive) DVD burner. During this time, Jackson and I took a bike ride to help calm this mama down. Long story short, all 19 of my students got a Mother's Day video to give to their mother. Thank you my love for all your help!
Thursday night was Bunco night! It was my turn to host, so Jackson and I came after home after school and started making dinner. We had chicken fajitas with all the toppings, chips with salsa and guacamole, rice, brownies, and strawberry shortcake. Brian watched Jackson for me. The girls showed up and we ate and talk more than we played Bunco:) That is always the story! I always have such a fun time with them. After they left, I cleaned up some and RELAXED because I had taken Friday off. I stayed up later than I should have just because I knew I didn't have to work.
Friday we got up around 7 and got ready to head down to the Houston Zoo. We have been wanting to take Jackson before the summer and finally made it happen. Before we left we dropped off my Jeep at the shop. The passenger window on the driver side fell down and would not stay up. I never even used that window and had to pay $350 to fix it, gee whiz!
We made it to the zoo right at 9, when they opened. I have never gotten a parking spot so close to the entrance before. It was a beautiful day. The first hour we were there it seemed like it was just us and a few other families. It was a bit cloudy and perfect! Right around 10 o'clock some 50 schools showed up for field trip day. Jackson enjoyed the animals and did really well the first hour walking and actually looking at the animals. By 11 o'clock he was spent.












1 comment:
What a fun day at the zoo! Sounds like you had quite a week, so glad you celebrated with some good family bonding!
Post a Comment