Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas Eve-
Friday morning we woke up and gathered all of our belongings and waited until it was time to leave for the airport. It was really nice not waking up at the crack of dawn to catch a flight, I am going to remember this!
We were all looking very festive so we decided to take a few family pictures. This is the best we got, Jackson wasn't too interested in pictures at all the whole trip.
Once we got to the airport we saw our plane was delayed 20 minutes. I am the worst at being patient so I was not thrilled at all and we were trying to make it home in time to catch the Christmas Eve Church service back at our home church. Jackson's favorite sayings at the airport was "I'm ready!", "We're next!" We kept him entertained with some Thomas!
Our terminal was downstairs at the airport and when it was finally our time to depart we had to walk outside to our plane. I felt like I should have gotten a partial refund, it just felt so cheap.
Jackson slept all but 30 minutes of the fligt so that was nice. My dad and Garrison were waiting for us when we got off the plane. My dad dropped us off at Brian's parents so we could eat a quick dinner, change clothes, and head to church.
I don't remember the last time I have liked a picture of us dressed up for Christmas Eve service, this year is no different.
My little man all dressed up going for the presents:)
Jackson with Grandma Sharon and Papa Mel before church.
We met up with my parents at church and went back to their house afterwards. My mom continued our tradition and got new pajamas for everyone!
Christmas Day-
I think we were up around 7 on Christmas morning. Brian and I made breakfast for everyone. Then mom got lunch started and we headed downstairs to open presents.
Jackson was much more into opening his presents this year. He was so excited to open each one and once he finished unwrapping it he wanted to play with his new toy!
Jackson was spolied with lots of Thomas toys and books, tractors and animals, puzzles, pajamas, and much more!
Garrison and the books I got him for Christmas. His kindergarten teacher read these books to him and he loves them!
After opening presents, Garrison and I continued our tradition and made a birthday cake for Jesus. This year Jackson got in on the mixing and frosting too!
Jackson loved looking at and EATING the snow. He would stand at my parents' sliding glass doors that led outside asking for a "Bite snow?"
Jackson got to spend a lot of time with his cousings Ian and Leo.
Grandma Elly and Papa Gary with Jackson on Christmas
My sister Kayla and I
Dad, Jackson, and I
After Jackson's nap we headed out to Brian's parents house. The nice part of our parents living in the same town is we don't have to travel two places or trade holidays but we do a lot of going back and forth. Of course before Jackson could get in the car he needed a "Bite snow!"
We enjoyed dinner with Brian's family before opening presents. This year there were two little girls getting around- Alivia and Lily. It is hard to believe Jackson was Lily's age last Christmas, of course he was twice her size!
The best picture of our family on Christmas Day!
Jackson and Leo played with their toys and everyone else's too!
Jackson was spoiled again with lots of trains and tractors!

I was so excited to open presents at Brian's parents house because I had a surprise for Brian. We never buy each other presents at Christmas because there is nothing we really need. But, of course Brian has surprised me many times before. I decided this year I needed to try and surprise him. I DID it!
Those two days were full of food, fun, and family, but little did we know we should have stretched those days out longer as our trip would get more eventful than what we wanted!

No comments: