Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our Last Few Days in Wisconsin

Thursday of the week we were home I got to do a little shopping with my mom (with Garrison and Katelyn too)! We headed for a quick trip to Target. My mom was still recovering from her knee replacement surgery so I decided to take it easy on her, ha!
We found some really good after Christmas deals. My mom is actually having to go back into surgery for her knee tomorrow and is really nervous, please say a quick prayer for her.

We then made a quick trip to my Dad's shop. I always love visiting him at work and seeing him do what he loves most! Thanks for working so hard for us Dad!

Jackson got to take a short tractor ride with Papa.
That night we went out to dinner with Brian's parents and my whole family plus my Uncle Mike. Jackson was so not acting like himself. He wouldn't eat and wouldn't go by Papa, that is just not heard of with Jackson! He wanted ME and I walked around with him most of the time.

New Year's Eve morning Jackson was up early once again. I was able to go see Melissa, Nicole, and Eli (sadly no pictures). Jackson went with me but we didn't last long before he was beyond tired and cranky.

Jackson cried through most of his nap and wouldn't stop crying once he woke up. We decided somthing was going on and we better take him to Urgent Care before we flew home the next day. Sure enough he had a really bad ear infection and another explosion while we were there! I was so glad we took him in, I would have felt awful if we waited until we got home and he had flown home with an ear infection.
Right after the doctor saw him and we were waiting for his prescription he was beyond silly!
New Year's Eve night we went over to Brian's parent's house. Mel made his famous Mac and Cheese for the whole gang. We hung out and watched the kids play most of the night.
Brian lost his wedding ring and couldn't find it anywhere. (Thank goodness Traci found it a few days ago!) Here we are with Brian's sister Traci, her husband Jason, and kids Leo and Lily.We said good-bye to my family around 8:00 and put Jackson to bed. Brian played a game of Scrabble with his mom. We watched the ball drop in Times Square and called it a night. I think this is the first year I haven't stay up until Mid-night in a long time, but we had a 4:50 wake up call to go to the airport.
We made it home without to much of an issue, besides Jonathan forgot about and a carseat for Jackson. Oh man, what a trip! So much happened, so many loved ones seen, so much to be thankful for, but so glad to finally be settled back into our routine at home!

No comments: