Each time something has broken or gone wrong in the last few weeks, I quickly thanked God my family was still healthy and no one was hurt. The things that went wrong could be fixed, yes they cost money but my money isn't really mine anyways. God is still God and I still have a relationship with him, a trust, and a hope in a greater future with him.
I am choosing to memorize Psalm 16:2 which says, "I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing."
How true is that? I could have everything I think I "need" and not have Jesus my life would be in the ruins. But, because I have him that is all I truly need!
Psalm 85:10 also says "Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked." I love what David Crowder said in his book Praise Habit about this Psalm. On page 109 he writes "Even if it (life) leads us to dark places on our hands and knees, it is sweeter than lying on a beach in Greece because the sunshine of our Maker's presence is brighter and stronger than a thousand stars, and it reaches to wherever we are."
I hope this memory verse serves as a great reminder that the Lord is ALL I need to be filled with overflowing joy and true happiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment