Saturday, July 23, 2011

All Because Two People Fell in Love

Six years ago Brian and I got married and started our lives together. Although, the friendship and love came many, many years before.

While we were dating Brian was able to surprise me numerous times, but has been less successful since we have been married. The problem being I now have access to his bank account, credit cards, and email (he doesn't have his own). Well, this year he did it!


Friday morning I received a text message telling me "Drop Jackson off at 4:30, dress to impress." We drove to City Center and enjoyed dinner at Yard House, very yummy! (While waiting for dinner I felt like I needed to make a PSA and remind girls to get dressed before they leave their house.)

We were able to walk around a little bit before we headed downtown to the Hobby Center. Brian purchased tickets to Thoroughly Modern Millie. It was a really upbeat, funny musical. I loved it!

Thanks (again) to Uncle Dan and Aunt Midge for watching Jackson so we could enjoy a night out just the two of us!


This morning I hid Brian's anniversary gifts. He had to find them all first and then open them in order. There were 6 presents for six years. Each card had a saying that gave a clue to the gift inside. Brian was 0 out of 6! Number 1 was a letter from me. Number 2-5 were cheap things he likes; flavored soda, laffy taffy, iced animal cookies, and I-tunes gift card. Number 6 was the "big" present; an alarm clock that he can use his I-pod with. My clue for that one was, "I hope I wake up next to you for the next 60 years."
The rest of the day was low key hanging out with the product of our love, Jackson!


I pray we continue to make God a priority in our marriage and never take each other for granted.

1 comment:

Wendy Suddendorf said...

WOW! What a great anniversary!