Thursday, July 7, 2011

Moody Gardens Part 2

Monday morning Jackson woke up around 7 o'clock so that is when the day began. We ate breakfast in the room and watched cartoons until Palm Beach opened. We made the short walk from our room to the beach and it was very much a repeat of the day before.The beach was a lot less crowded today which meant more room in the wave pool for Jackson to swim.
There is a Splash Pad attached to Palm Beach. Brian took Jackson over to play at the "big" Splash Pad (compared to the one Jackson is used to) while I floated around the lazy river.
We made our way back to the slides, and Jackson was all about going down all by himself again!

I left the boys to play in the sand a little longer while I went back to clean up. Then we all headed down to lunch. I really loved saying, "Charge it to the room!"


Since Dora and Diego's 4-D movie was a hit the night before, we decided to go see it again. This time I remembered the camera:)

Jackson loved wearing his "sunglasses"!
From there we went to check out the Rain forest Pyramid. They just finished a new project inside the Rain forest. You now can walk through the canopy level and look down to the Rain forest floor. It was beautiful and really cool. I actually felt like we were in the Rain forest! There were even some animals roaming freely around.However it was 115 degrees on the top level, so we walked rather quickly through the top level! No joke, I saw the thermometer. Our camera even fogged up from all the humidity.Before we even went into the Rain forest Jackson kept saying he wanted to see the alligators. Good thing we found some!Not many of the pictures I took inside turned out well because of the camera. I just kept looking and lingering around thinking how incredible everything looked.


The resort had flags flying everywhere for the 4th of July. We headed back to put Jackson down for his nap.
Today during his nap I went to work out and Brian stayed with Jackson watching TV. We had some family snuggle time when Jackson woke up. He is pretending to be sleeping in this picture:)

Since I loved the Rain forest so much and wanted to try to get a few good pictures inside, we went back. We flew through the top level and kept the camera in Brian's pocket in order to avoid it fogging up again.


Beautiful scenery!
Then, we went straight to Palm Beach and stayed until closing time. For dinner we went back to the same restaurant as lunch and dinner the night before. We sat in the same spot and had the same waiter. I even order the same thing! Our waiter got a really nice tip due to technical error.:)
We walked around a bit, Jackson jumped in the bounce house, and then the boys went swimming in the hotel pool. It way way to cold for me. Jackson was excited because he could touch in one area.

After swimming, we went and got some ice cream. Jackson had cookies and cream with sprinkles!

I think he liked it! Sugar before bed is always a great thing!

It was another great day at Moody Gardens, and I think we all crashed within minutes of laying down.

No comments: