Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Stop and Smell the Roses

I love making my to-do list and love even more checking items off as I complete them! My lists help me stay organized and accomplish what I need to get done. These lists also keep my main focus on the things to come. I often am living for what is to come and not just living in the moment. One of my summer goals is to stop, slow down, and just enjoy what is going on around me. I want to enjoy every minute with Jackson and if something comes up that wasn't planned be spontaneous and go with it.

I know I am blessed beyond measure. My family and I are healthy and have all we need and more. I want to live for today because I don't know what tomorrow brings and not complain about my "little" problems because others are facing much bigger giants. (Please say a prayer for my friend Nicole who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and has surgery on Thursday.)
" Dear Lord, today is a blessing from You. Help me to seek out what You have for me in it. I know that You hold my tomorrows in Your hand and in the meantime I can rest in the moment I’ve been given. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. (Taken from a devotional from Proverbs 31 ministries)



I am going to rest in His hand each day because I know He holds my future and try to live each day to the fullest, honoring Him in all I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! What a handsome couple you make!! The plant looks nice too!!! HA!

Sharon said...

I'm the anonymous contributor--it's too late at night for me to think straight!