Friday, August 26, 2011

Randoms About The 1st Week

1. First day of school went smooth or as smooth as a first day can go

2. Had to sign folders the 2nd day of school and thr 3rd, 4th, and 5th, hopefully this pattern doesn't continue

3. Had 2 new students arrive on Wednesday, that makes 22

4. Lost power Wednesday night (we needed the rain though)

5. One student only knows 5 Kindergarten sight words and I always forget the huge difference of end of 1st grade to the beginning, Oh my!


6. Had 2 "walk-throughs", both as we were cleaning up Writer's Workshop and sharing


7. One student used a word (epic) off our vocabulary wall in her writing correctly, I definitely got excited about this!


8. Endured a long pep-rally Friday afternoon

9. Missed having a lunch break to get some things done

10. Made dinner 3 out of 5 nights, Chick-fil-a Tonight!

11. Missed Jackson entirely too much, but enjoyed listening to him explain his "homework" he did at Miss Sandy's and playing with him
I forgot to take the traditional first day of school picture, so we snapped one on Day 2!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Boy can I identify with you on the SHOCK of coming back to school and forgetting how different it is at the beginning of the year from where you left off in the Spring!!At least you have the first week behind you! YEAH! Praying you have a great year!Love you!